Monday, August 17, 2009

The story according to Me!


I knew Robert's sister Jess from Colorado. We hung out all the time and she told me all along i needed to meet her brother. Well it finally happened :) I went to Provo with Jess for the weekend. Her sister was graduating from BYU and I wanted to go see my friend PAM!! :) Well Pam moved home Saturday of that weekend so then i was just going to hang out with Jess until we headed back to Aspen...but Jess was "too busy" to come pick me up so she had Robert!! :) Gotta love sisters! First impression of him....nice truck haha...but i also thought he was extremily good looking :) Well we hung out all weekend, played arcade games together, talked a little bit, found out he had a girlfriend.....he got my number, end of that weekend.

3 weeks later...started texting, found out him and his girlfriend broke up :):):), Met in grand Junction,CO for a weekend of fun! He really is alot of fun! That was pretty much the start of our summer 2008. Every other weekend we'd see each other. Most of the time I came to Vernal (he always had some excuse for why i needed to drive the 3 hours to come see him instead of the other way around haha), but he did come see me once in Aspen and i showed him around and we went to a carnival and stood in line for 2 hours for it to shut down as we were the next people to get on the ride!





We had a really fun summer together even though we didn't get to see each other that often! But then i decided to go to Africa for 2 months! He didn't really like that...but he did email me almost every day! And he let me call and complain to him about the food, and that it was soooo hot, and about anything else...i would actually wake myself up at 2 or 3 in the morning so i could call him when he got off work (7 hour time change)! I'm so sweet right :):):)





When i got back from Africa I came up and visited him and we said I love you to each other for the first time!! YAY! and so then i moved to Salt Lake City where i was once again 3 hours away from him. Only this time i drove EVERY weekend down to see him! I absolutely HATE the road from Salt Lake to Vernal!





Fun things we did this winter....Went to South Dakota to go Buffalo Hunting!! It was soooooo cold! like -20 degrees! I didn't know that was possible! WE also went to Wendover, NV for a Dierks Bentley Concert which was AMAZING!




Then Valentines Day we went to San Diego with his family! We spent the day at sea world then he took me to the beach that night and PROPOSED!!!! I was sooo happy! The ring didn't fit so we had to wrap gum wrappers around it to make it stay on my finger! :)





Cute huh :)



The date was set for August 8th but the beginning of July we decided to move it up to July 18th so we could have my grandpa do it in Nauvoo! It was awesome! Nauvoo was so pretty and green and the temple was way pretty too! It was a way cool trip!




And that would basically be the story of us!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I forgot to tell you that you can change the names after you add someone to your blog list...didn't know if you figured that out :) So, when are you gonna have a baby..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Liz's page. Congratulations on the wedding! Your invitiations were so cute. You guys look really happy:)

    ReplyDelete